" Be yourself, everybody else is already taken." ~Oscar Wilde

Sunday, July 1, 2012

New Shoes...Lost Coins

Walking is my chosen type of exercise. I do not walk any certain amount of time or miles its just basically what works with my life on any given day. I do swap out my shoes every few months because they break down so quickly and my feet, shins, and knees will start aching. This last pair of shoes had a longer life because I put off getting a new pair. Well, actually, Chris gets my shoes, yes, he picks them out and pays for them. Yahoo for me!!!!  So, my new pair of shoes came in this last week and my tired, worn out , broken down  old ones went straight into the trash. Today, I wore my new pair for the first time. Like most people, I pick up coins when I come across them. Unlike most people, I put them in my shoes. While walking this morning I came across my first coin and put it in my new shoe. It was at that moment I realized that I didn't take my coins out of my old shoes before throwing them away!!!! I am out about $0.15!!! Trash pickup has all ready come and those babies are gone!!! I guess, live and learn.

1 comment: